An engaging two-day program where participants develop Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to increase their effectiveness at the “people side” of leadership.
Both managers and leaders are critical to the success of organizations. In an era of rapid change and complexity, organizations are finding they need more leaders who can engage staff to take responsibility for creating results for themselves, their teams and the organisation. Most managers have a high level of expertise on the technical side of their work, but few have substantial training in the human side of the job. Emotional intelligence provides powerful insights and tools essential for transforming managers into leaders.
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to effectively use emotions, and it’s a key differentiating factor of successful leaders. Why? Because relationships are at the heart of workplace performance, and EQ skills are what makes effective relationships thrive. Few training programs or workshops have the potential to make a significant difference in how participants perform on the job. This training program can.
Studies vary, but all indicate that emotional competence accounts from 70 to 80% of the difference in leadership success. Maybe that’s why thought leaders like Jack Welch (past CEO of GE) and Warren Bennis (leadership authority and author) and hundreds of others all agree:
“No doubt Emotional Intelligence is more rare than book smarts, but in my experience it is actually more important in making a leader.”
– Jack Welch
“In the fields I have studied, Emotional Intelligence is much more powerful than IQ in determining who emerges as a leader. IQ is a threshold competence. You need it, but it doesn’t make you a star. Emotional intelligence can.”
– Warren Bennis, Author of ‘Becoming A Leader’
Managers/Leaders and anyone leading a group of people / teams. Experienced managers as well as new managers will find this program valuable.
- To provide an understanding of why EQ matters greatly in leadership.
- Participants will learn how to understand the messages behind their emotions and how to make decisions when in tune with them.
- Participants will understand how to read emotional cues in themselves/their charges and how to respond accordingly.
- Participants will learn how the greatest leaders think when faced with conflict and tough decisions.
- Participants will understand how their leadership values, attitudes and behaviour impact on their own motivation to lead.
- Participants will understand the importance of engaging leadership, how to influence and evoke feelings of enthusiasm in their staff.
- Participants will be able to use practical tips and techniques that would enable them to have better control of their impulses and exercise self-control.
- Participants will practice empathic listening and communication and how it impacts when dealing with staff.
- Participants will learn the difference between positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement and how this affects staff performance.
- Participants will understand the value of optimism, how to practice it and make it a feature of their leadership.
Program Features & Benefits
- Two intensive days of training with leading experts in emotional intelligence development. The training will provide both an intellectual and a gut-level understanding of emotional intelligence while delivering practical tools that allow you to develop and apply EQ on the job.
- A workbook with resources and tips for learning more about how to improve your emotional competencies as a leader.
- Become more aware of your own emotional intelligence with the EQ Competence Framework.
- Better understand why emotional intelligence improves leadership effectiveness.
- Know the meaning of emotional intelligence and a model for using the concept in their work and life.
- Increase self-awareness by learning about emotions and patterns.
What People Are Saying About The Programs
“This course is life-changing and points towards a path of hope and dissolved all the mysteries and frustration. Thank you very much.”
Tan Soon Chye
Director of Agencies
“I’ve found your workshop very engaging and practical. I enjoyed your energizing games and the various group discussions that could enable participants to share experiences and views. I’ve also picked up more skills and techniques to control my emotions better and be more patient in listening.”
Head of Human Resources
LGT Bank (SG) Ltd
“The time spent with you is definitely value for money! I have learnt to be a much better leader after doing my EQ and other Personality profile, especially coping with stress and learning how to further leverage on my strength. With that I am confident that I can excel very well in any organisation. Great training and great guidance! Thanks!”
Vice President of Sales
Sales & Marketing Division
Singapore Post Limited
“I attended the course Leading With EQ conducted by Granville D’Souza. To simply sum it up, EXCELLENT! Granville is a very friendly, knowledgeable and engaging speaker that is full of energy and enthusiasm. I learn a lot about how the mind and the heart works, the emotional part of us, conquering fears and frustration. It is really cool! Gran parted his experience and training to us and with some practice, it has help me look at issues, cases, situations from a very different angle, thus enabling conflicts to be resolved much easier and more amicable. The course is a real eye opener, sort of thinking outside the box; compared to many other courses I have attended that tries to teach the typical method of resolving issues, this course is far superior to others and I would be keen for students to know this. The techniques to improve approachability, team building and positive reinforcements are excellent and I have recommended my leads to take advantage of this highly valued learning experience.”
Head – PMO, ITIL Compliance and Security
Regional Managed Services
Fujitsu Asia Pte Ltd
Date: 8th & 9th July 2019.
Venue: One Farrer Hotel & Spa, Singapore.
Facilitator: Dr Granville Ed D’Souza.
1) Regular Fee: SGD 1,380 nett.
Early Bird Special: SGD 1080 nett (until 20 May 2019).
*Skills Future Credit Approved.
Course ID: CRS-N-0043069
2) Group Discount for 2 or more participants:
SGD 980 nett per person (until 20 May 2019).
Regular fees for 2 or more pax is SGD 1,180.
Workshop Bonus 1: Detailed Personality debrief using the Enneagram Profile.
Workshop Bonus 2: Debrief using the EQ Competence Framework.
Workshop Bonus 3: Book by Dr Granville Ed D’Souza titled “EQ From The Inside Out”.
For more information and registration, please contact:
Singapore: (+65) 6474 1637 & (+65) 9732 1384
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Download Brochure (PDF, 240kb).